Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy birthday, my blog

Yes, Unpublishable Thoughts has reached its third birthday. Despite the difficulties in posting regularly (I often don't) and coming up with insightful posts that add something to the crowded blogosphere (ahem, as I was saying...), it's still here.

Unfortunately, the main reason I started blogging - the financial crisis and the resulting recession/depression - is also still here. Three years on, things look increasingly desperate, and we're still a long way from the kind of political transformation that I fondly imagined would take place once the failures of free market idolatry were revealed to all.

By the way, my first post was a celebration of Obama's election victory, and shortly after I mused on the consequences of Britain's decision to stay out of the euro.